Opening DRM-free content
If your content is DRM-free, you can usually open the file on any mobile device. For example, on iOS devices your will automatically open and install in the iBooks library. You can then use the iBooks reader to read your content. You can also install the free Bluefire Reader app. Bluefire also lets you store and read your ebooks (DRM-free or with DRM).
Opening content with DRM - use the free Bluefire Reader App
When you download content from Slicebooks that has DRM, you first select "mobile device" from the dropdown menu:
If you don't already have it, you can then install the FREE Bluefire Reader on your device. Bluefire app can open and read DRM files.
- Must have an Adobe ID. Don’t have one? Sign up here.
- Apple device must have iOS4 or later.
- Android device must be 2.2 or up.
On your Apple device, head to iTunes and download the FREE Bluefire Reader app, and authorize with your Adobe ID and password.
Android devices can download the Bluefire Reader app from Google Play here
If you already have the Bluefire reader installed, follow these directions
- Log-in to the Slicebooks from your Apple device using the Safari browser.
- Android Users log in using Google Chrome or FireFox
- Click on Account
- Click on My Downloads
- Click on the Download button under “Apple iOS and Android Devices”
Your purchase should automatically open the Bluefire Reader and download.